Thursday, May 13, 2010

fresh(ish) fruits and veggies

So today was my box day... The day I got my very first box from Eatwell farms! For those of you who don't know, eatwell farms is a local farm in Dixon that supplies boxes of produce fresh from their farm to the local community on a membership basis.

I was looking forward to getting my box all week. That is an understatement. It was the highlight of my week... (I guess it gives you a little idea of what my weeks are like), but anyhow, I have to say that I am a little underwhelmed with what I received in my box today. There was a fair variety of greens and some fruit, but the veggies were very dirt-y. I say dirt-y, because it's supposed to be a good thing that they were just picked out of the dirt yesterday or maybe even sometime today... I mean it IS a good thing, that means they are extra fresh, right? Except that they have A LOT of dirt on them. Like so much that I'm scared even if I wash them 5 times, that I will still be eating dirt. Is it really that scary to eat dirt? Probably not. But I'm just not used to looking at my vegetables like they just took a mudbath.

We will see what I end up making this week with my nubby carrots, Asian stir fry greens, and various other veggies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment